Course DCUCD — Five days — Instructor-led
The Designing Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCD) v5.0 course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist and Professional level certification. This course enables engineers to choose and design scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center unified computing and virtualization solutions based on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) product portfolio as a centerpiece integrated with contemporary virtualization solutions (for example, VMware vSphere, VMware View, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Red hat Kernel-based Virtual Machine [KVM], and so on), operating systems (for example, Microsoft Windows and Linux), and applications (database, collaboration, and so on). The course is built upon the foundations of the Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design (DCUCD) v4.0. It describes the data center unified computing and virtualization solutions based on Cisco data center unified computing product portfolio, explains how to evaluate existing data center computing solution and determine the requirements, and design Cisco data center unified computing solution.
- Channel Partners / Resellers
These are the job tasks (domains and skill objectives from the audience, as well as job definition and job task analyses that will be taught and practiced in the course).
- 1.00 Describe the design methodology
- 2.00 Describe the data center structure and modularity
- 3.00 Describe the technologies used within the data center
- 4.00 Design the access layer of a data center
- 5.00 Design virtualization solution using Cisco UCS
- 6.00 Design network management considerations into a data center
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) and Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) courses
- Cisco Nexus product family courses (DCNXxK)
- Cisco MDS product family courses (DCMDS)
- Server and desktop virtualization (for example, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, and so on)
- Operating system administration familiarity (for example, Linux and Windows)
The 642-998 DCUCD Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing exam is associated with the CCNP DC certification and with the Cisco Unified Computing Design Specialist. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing, including design concept in a server virtualization environment, scalability, reliability, performances, management.
- EXAM NUMBER: 642-998 DCUCD
- DURATION: 90 minutes (65-75 questions)
Please note the exam is not included in the course and must be booked separately.
Module 1: Cisco Data Center Solution Architecture and Components
Module 2: Assess Data Center Computing Requirements
Module 3: Size Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
Module 4: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
Module 5: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions Server Deployment