Course DCUCI — Five days — Instructor-led
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) is designed to serve the needs of engineers who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers.
- Channel Partners / Resellers
- Install Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures in the data center.
- Use Cisco Integrated Management Controller to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series server.
- Use the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 array.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series.
- Maintain Cisco UCS in a high-availability configuration Implement generation 1 and generation 2 connectivity.
- Implement LAN & SAN connectivity for Cisco UCS B-Series hardware.
- Provision VLANs and fabric interconnect uplinks for server connectivity to the Layer 3 data center cloud.
- Provision VSANs and fabric interconnect Fibre Channel uplinks for server connectivity to the data center storage cloud.
- Provision service profiles with initial and updating templates Implement virtualization features.
- Provision Cisco VM-FEX
Understanding of server system design and architecture Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP / IP networking Familiarity with SANs Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP)
Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Attendance of the following Cisco learning offerings is recommended to fully benefit from this course:
This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing. Concepts like setup of the computing environment in a standalone and rack-mountable configuration, provisioning of storage resources, backup, management functions and deployment of a virtualized environment are covered by this exam.
- EXAM NUMBER: 642-999 DCUCI
- DURATION: 90 minutes (65-75 questions)
Please note the exam is not included in the course and must be booked separately.
- Course Introduction
- Implement Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Manage the Cisco UCS B-Series
- Implement Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Provision Cisco UCS Compute Resources
- Implementing Cisco UCS Server Virtualization Features